While it may seem difficult to believe, the month of August is upon us. Where have the days and weeks of summer gone? Way to fast, many of us would say.
I would like to use this week’s column to highlight some of the activities that are coming up in our St. Joseph Parish community:
- Three weeks from Monday (August 27) our new school year will begin at St. Joseph School. It is an exciting time for all of us as we welcome new faculty members and students for the upcoming academic year. Know that there is still time to register your child (ren) for this year. Please contact the school office for more information. A Catholic education has been proven to be a gift that no words can describe! Ask any of our parents.
- We are preparing for a new year in our Faith Formation Program for students in the public schools in grades K-Confirmation. If you have not yet enrolled your child (ren), please do so very soon. We need to order books, arrange class sizes, etc., as we prepare for an exciting year under the leadership of our new and enthusiastic Director of Child and Youth Ministry, Mr. Thadeus Brooks. If you have any questions, please contact Mr. Brooks at the Parish Office.
- Are you an adult member of the parish who desires to deepen your faith? Please check out the many opportunities we are offering this year to do just that. Watch the weekly bulletin, check out our web site, or for more information contact Mrs. Kathi Andreoni, our Directress of Adult Faith Formation.
- Are you interested in becoming a member of the Catholic Faith? If so, please contact Mrs. Andreoni regarding inquiring sessions and formation sessions. Reception of new members takes place at the Easter Vigil on Holy Saturday. We would love to have you as a member of our faith community.
- Parish community building events are also taking place. We will be celebrating our third annual Oktoberfest on September 14 and 15. We need you to make this parish event a success as it has been the past two years. Please sign up to help as we reach out to the larger community and make St. Joseph Parish known to others. Signup sheets are located in the Center Street entrance. Always remember that more hands makes less work!
- I wish to thank Father George Rebatski who has graciously said “yes” to celebrate the Saturday evening Mass on those Saturdays of August when Father Steve is unavailable. Father George will also cover the weekday Masses the week of August 21-24 when I am at the Redemptorist Retreat Center in Oconomowoc leading a retreat for the seminarians from Sacred Heart Seminary and School of Theology.
- Summer is fading fast. We all need to make time to take time to step back for refreshment. Therefore this is the only column I will be writing during the month of August. I need to step aside for a few weeks as I prepare myself for the upcoming events of parish life. I ask for your understanding and, as the song says, “See you in September!”
— Fr. Dennis, August 4, 2018