Through various ministries, the people of St. Joseph serve each other, the surrounding community and the world. We welcome your involvement in these ministries that give us the opportunity "to live Christ."
For a complete list of ministries and organizations at St. Joseph, please see the printed St. Joseph Directory and Guidebook. Copies are available in the parish office and are annually mailed to each parish family.
The Human Concerns Committee of the St. Joseph Parish Council oversees numerous activities that allow us to live the Gospel.
- Communion for the homebound
- Visits to residents of the Congregational Home in Brookfield
- Food pantry (for various food pantries)
- Habitat for Humanity
- St. Peter Claver, Belize (parish twinning)
- Prison ministry
- Pro-Life committee
- Sandwich ministry (for Cathedral's Open Door Café)
- St. Ben's meal program
- Tree of Life
- St. Martin de Porres tutoring
In addition, the Christian Women organization engages in various ministries to the parish and the greater community.
- Elizabeth Ministry to pregnant women
- Josephines for funeral meals
- Mission support
- Church cleaning and purificator washing
The Christian Women also engage in numerous other activities that support the parish and school, including the fish fry, rummage sale and garden club.
A large group of people come together through various committees and groups as liturgical ministers.
- The priests and deacon
- Musicians, cantors and choir
- Eucharistic ministers
- Handbell ringers
A complete list of ministries is detailed in the annual parish directory, available in the parish office.
If you'd like to volunteer in general, or for a specific ministry or area, call the parish office or e-mail