St. Joseph Rummage Sale – June 20-22, 2013
Setup and Donation Dropoff
- June 8, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- June 9 to 20, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- June 10-14, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- June 15, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- June 17-19, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Evening Setup and Dropoff Hours
- June 10, 13 and 17, 6 to 8 p.m.
Rummage Sale Dates
- Thursday, June 20, noon to 7 p.m.
- Friday, June 21, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Saturday, June 22, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Please plan on volunteering at the sale. Last year we had more than 350 volunteers! If you volunteered in 2012 and registered at the volunteer door you will receive a phone call so there is no need to submit a rummage sale volunteer form. If you did not volunteer in 2012, please fill out a form found in the bulletin and leave it in the box in the Welcome Center or email Fran Tollefson at
Subject: Rummage Sale.
What to Donate
We sell almost anything needed by a family, in the home or in the yard.
Please donate only clean, usable items.
Donations can be brought to the school during the rummage sale setup and donation drop-off hours as noted above. To havelarge or heavy items picked up, contact Fran Tollefson (262) 786-8276 or email at
Subject: Rummage Sale by June 1. Unless special arrangements are made, all pick ups will be made on or before June 9 so please plan ahead. Due to the high cost of gas, a tip for the drivers would be appreciated.
We cannot accept the following: mattresses, broken or torn items, building materials, tires, pianos, organs, console TVs or console stereo systems.
Used Books: Novels, children's books, cookbooks, biographies and autobiographies are especially popular. Collection boxes can be found in the church Welcome Center or in the school all near the southwest door just outside the school secretary's office.
Recyclable Metals: With the help of Action Metals, we will continue our recycling at the rummage sale. Start saving your aluminum cans (crushed) and other metals (stainless steel, brass, cast iron, sheet iron, copper) to bring to the west parking lot during the rummage sale set-up from June 9 to 23. Watch future bulletins for a detailed list of items we collect.
Perennial Plant Sale:
Plants can be brought to the garden center near the garages beginning the week of June 10. We would appreciate it if the plants were potted. Empty pots will be available between the garages and the Parish Center.
Collectibles: We now have a Collectibles Room for more valuable items. In addition, we have a volunteer who is selling higher valued or unusual items on the Internet, so please consider donating your "special" items to the Rummage Sale. Please let us know when you are donating something which may fit into the Collectibles or Internet categories.
Special Help Needed
- On-site babysitters are needed so parents with young children can volunteer. This is a great way to meet a family that might need a future babysitter.
- Men are needed in many ways. We like to have several men around during the day who can help with moving merchandise, repair bikes, offer security, etc.
- During the weeks of set-up we need people with vans or trailers to make an occasional furniture pick up.
- If you would like to volunteer but are limited physically, just let us know. We have jobs that entail sitting or no lifting of heavy items.
Rummage sale proceeds support many things in the parish. In the past, that has included church carpeting, kitchen improvements and technology.
For questions, suggestions, comments or to volunteer contact Fran Tollefson (262) 786-8276 or
Subject: Rummage Sale.