Prayerfully Consider Your Support for the Catholic Stewardship Appeal

The time of year has arrived again to kick off the annual Catholic Stewardship Appeal.  The theme of this year’s Appeal is, “We Are One.”  This speaks to each of us as being one in Christ Jesus and in the archdiocesan-wide faith connection among all Catholics.  This unity of spirit, this deep human need for a sense of belonging, of purpose, draws us together as we continue on our life’s path to holiness.

St. Joseph’s parishioners can be very proud of their accomplishment in, not only reaching, but exceeding our goal last year by $17,348.  This shows our collective support for the mission of the archdiocese and the wonderful things that are taking place under the leadership of Archbishop Jerome E. Listecki.

When it comes to stewardship, the Bible calls us to return ten-percent of the first fruits of our income back to the Lord in thanksgiving for all that he has given us.  This is broken down as follows, 4% to one’s parish, 1% to the archdiocese, and 5% to other charities of one’s choice.  We all know that everything we have is a gift from the hands of a generous and loving God who provides for our every need.  If we give 10% back to God in gratitude, imagine what God can do with the other 90% he leaves in our care.

The goal for St. Joseph’s Parish this year is $88,000.  You will be receiving materials in the mail explaining how the funds received for the Appeal are used to serve the Church of Southeastern Wisconsin.  Every parish in one way or another benefits from the Appeal.

I simply ask that you take this to prayer and ask the Lord to inspire you as to what your gift should be.  Always remember that it is not the size of the gift that matters, but that the gift is sacrificial and comes from the heart.  God will never be outdone in generosity. 

I wish to express my personal thanks to all of you for the generosity you continue to show.  In the past almost eight months since I have been here, I can assure you that I have never served a parish that is as generous as ours.  It is truly wonderful witness to the Gospel and a response to God’s love for us.  Thanks you for such witness.

– Fr. Dennis,
February 5, 2017