Information on changes in activities and worship at St. Joseph Catholic Church in Wauwatosa will be continually updated on this page. Per the order of the City of Wauwatosa and the State of Wisconsin that are is in place through the end of January 2021, masks that cover the mouth and nose must be worn by people attending Mass. If we are found not in compliance with the mask mandates, we risk losing our ability to have public Masses. The City of Wauwatosa is monitoring compliance.
You must tell Fr. Dennis if you have a valid medical condition that merits an exemption.
Our Masses are at 4 p.m. Saturday, and 8 and 10:30 a.m. Sunday.
Daily Masses are celebrated at 8:15 a.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays. (Wednesday and Friday Masses are reserved for St. Joseph day school students; no public attendance is allowed.)
Ready to return to Mass? We're ready for you!
St. Joseph continues to follow COVID-related health and safety measures.
Those measures have allowed us to safely celebrate Mass each weekend, and twice-a-week daily Masses for parishioners.
We have increased our capacity for Mass attendance starting this weekend, but we have not let down our guard for health safety.
Here's what you can expect at Mass:
- Enter at the Center Street entrance only. You may leave via any door.
- Seating is allowed only in every other pew. That allows recommended distancing.
- Masks that cover the mouth and nose are required in church at all times, except when receiving communion. We are subject to the City of Wauwatosa's mask mandate that is in place through January 2012. Please comply. Wauwatosa is monitoring compliance; we could lose our ability to have public Masses if we are found out of compliance.
- Communion is distributed only in the form of the Body of Christ. Recipients should hold their hands as flat as possible so the communion distributor can place the host on the hand without making skin contact.
- For the time being, we have a limited number of communion distributors at each Mass.
- Communicants approach the distributor in a different manner; ushers will guide you.
- Single-use music sheets are available at the Center Street entrance. After Mass, place them in the paper grocery bag in the Center Street entrance, for recycling.
- Contributions should be placed in the basket at the Center Street entrance.
- Pews, kneelers, door handles and other surfaces are sanitized after Mass.