Separation to Closeness
From Separation to Closeness — The First Five Books of the Bible Speak Today
A St. Joseph Adult Formation Series - Online Via Google Meet
The fundamental human drive is for closeness with God, others and our environment. As people await the results of vaccine trials, many seek guidance on God's acting through separations to bring about even greater degrees of closeness than previously experienced. The first five books of the Bible show how God does that.
This series by our adult formation director, Dr. Dennis Sylva, will be presented online via Google Meet, Tuesday mornings and Thursday evenings. The first part ran through December 17. The second part runs January 5 through May 13.
Morning sessions will be 8:45-10 a.m. while evening sessions will run from 7-8 p.m.
If you are unable to make all the sessions, each one will start with a summary of the previous, to get you up to speed.
Register by contacting the parish office at 414-771-4626.
Upcoming Tuesday Morning Sessions:
- Jan. 5, 12 and 19: Where is God?
- Jan. 26: The Nadir: When Life Seems Irreparably Sundered
- Feb. 2, 9 and 16: God at the Lowest Point
- Feb. 23: Personality-Based Inclinations at the Low Point
- March 2: The Divine Commitment to Closeness
- March 9: Challenges to People's Commitment
- March 16 and 23: What Compromises Fidelity
- April 6 and 13: Not to be Doomed to Repeat the Past
- April 20 and 27: Signposts to Closeness
- May 4 and 11: Closeness Revived
Upcoming Thursday Evening Sessions:
- Jan. 7, 14 and 21: Where is God?
- Jan. 28: The Nadir: When Life Seems Irreparably Sundered
- Feb. 4, 11 and 18: God at the Lowest Point
- Feb. 25: Personality-Based Inclinations at the Low Point
- March 4: The Divine Commitment to Closeness
- March 11: Challenges to People's Commitment
- March 18 and 25: What Compromises Fidelity
- April 8 and 15: Not to be Doomed to Repeat the Past
- April 22 and 29: Signposts to Closeness
- May 6 and 13: Closeness Revived