St. Joseph Congregation offers a variety of Bible study opportunities, with groups and sessions presented by parishioners or our Faith Formation ministers.
Bible Study Opportunities
St. Joseph Bible Study Group
- Tuesdays, 9 a.m. to 10:15 a.m., repeated on Thursdays 7 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Parish Center, St. Joseph Room
- Dennis Sylva, Adult Formation Director
- Focus: Explore various biblical books for the perspectives, encouragements, and strengths that they provide for living a vital Christian life. Different parts of the Bible are focused on in various years. The format is to discuss readings and to look at their meanings in the contexts in which they were written and their significance for us today. By such a process the hope is both to understand what the biblical authors intended to convey – instead of reading our own opinions into their writings – and to perceive how this biblical inspiration can enrich and strengthen our Christian commitment today.
St. Mary's Bible Study Group for Moms
- Thursdays, 9:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. (November through May)
- Szews' home, Brookfield
- Audrey Szews
- Focus: Study the readings for the upcoming Sunday, with additional material for Advent and Lent (babies and toddlers welcome)
Travelers on the Road to Emmaus (at capacity)
- Tuesdays, 7 p.m. - 8 p.m.
- Parish Center, St. John Room
- Tyrrell & Kathleen Hughes
St. Peter's Stones Bible Study Group
- Wednesdays 6:30 to 7:45 a.m., September through May
- Parish Center, St. Mary Room
- Randy Vosters
- Focus: Discussing the weekly Sunday readings, how they apply to us today, and how we can live those words in our daily lives.
St. Faustina Women's Bible Study Group
- NOTE: Limited capacity - Contact Cathy Rakers in advance
- Wednesdays, 9 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
- Parish Center, St. Matthew Room
- Cathy Rakers
- Focus: Read, discuss and pray with the upcoming Sunday readings, learn a bit of Old Testament and New Testament history, and what Jesus reveals to us in the scriptures.
- Second and Fourth Thursdays, 7 p.m. - 8 p.m., through April 27, 2023
- Parish Center, St. Joseph Room (2nd Thursday), St. Agnes (4th Thursday)
- Patrick Ciriacks
- Focus: God's Mercy